We are seeking an experienced and entry level portfolio leads and data analysts to join our operations team. This is a full time position located in northern New Jersey out of our Network Operations Center (NOC) with core hours of 8am-6pm, with flexibility. Other locations and remote work will also be considered for the right candidate. We’ll take your passion for solar energy and provide you with growth opportunities through detailed training, tasking and a culture of hard-working technical, and like-minded individuals.
- Scheduling required calls and meetings; Performing all required project activities & compliance, assigning resources as necessary. Escalates concerns to ensure that projects stay on-track. Track and advise on progress against established project milestones. Track and advise on progress against established project budgets (time, resources, materials, overall costs, etc.). Portfolio Leads are frequently the primary client point of contact (POC) for all day-to-day activities and management of assigned projects in the portfolio.
- Ensures consistency of outputs against the QE Solar standards and in accordance with client(s) requirements. Project assignments may include, but are not limited to: operational oversight, logistical management/coordination, site audits, communication, etc.
- Management and oversight of assigned project portfolios including all preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs and operations; Occasional project site visits as well as remote troubleshooting/analysis via smart software platforms.
- Ensures project continuity in the event resources shift or are re-deployed during a project’s life-cycle. Works with Project Director, advisors, consultants, clients, and other QE Solar team members to evolve and continuously improve processes, practices, and services. Presentation and report development using technologies such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Moves projects/portfolios ahead through managerial courage, candor, and ability to ‘stand-alone; Ensures that deadlines and project requirements are met or exceeded; Provides daily oversight and direction to project team(s); participates in staff hiring, performance management, coaching and training. Recommends individuals for promotion, termination or reassignment as necessary.
- Knowledge creation, gathering, recording: Updates and maintains technology systems, records, operating processes, procedures, and guidelines; Other responsibilities as directed by upper management.
- Process and Details-oriented individual with an ability to maintain focus on a task and improve process
- Able to work well independently and with minimal supervision
- Maintain a “customer first” attitude to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions from team members
- Work with resources to resolve any client issues in a timely manner, escalate as needed
- Motivate others and lead by example in a team environment
- Coach, share information, and provide feedback on a consistent basis
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and sound judgment
- Detailed-oriented, with attention to detail for tasks that have zero tolerance for errors
- Candor and transparency
- Education Desired: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering, Physics or Environmental Sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience Required: 2-5+ years of service industry operational and project management experience
- Experience Preferred: 3+ years of managing direct reports; Prior solar/renewables operations experience a plus; Battery storage (BESS) experience a plus
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, and our benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we strive to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each individual feels encouraged to contribute to our service processes, decisions, scheduling, culture and commitment to renewable energy systems.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by law.
Interested candidates should kindly submit their resume, cover letter and references via our online form, or directly to: CAREERS@qesolar.com
Serious inquiries ONLY!Back to Careers